Monday 1 December 2014

How Long Will I Love You...

After just a booooooooooooring (or is it?) entry as the previous one about our beloved Future Simple, and as I would still love you to pop in every now and then, here's some fun! (of course, having always in mind the future tense - no joking-).

This is a videoclip of the main sound track of one of my favourite films "About Time" which I highly recommend you all guys. This song is called "How long WILL I love you?" sung by the lovely Welsh singer Ellie Goulding. Here you will have the chance to put into practise the future simple as this tense is paramount to this song as you will see.

As I am not very much fond of subtitles (not to say dubbing!) because it is counter-effective since it disrupts in a film or song and prevents you from making an effort to understand what you hear, I'd better provide you here the lyrics but detached from the videoclip.

Do please as follows:

1) Skim through the lyrics paying attention to how the future tense is used (but do you learn the song by heart!)
2) Listen to the song and enjoy it.
3) Listen to it again and try spotting the future tenses and finding out the meaning of the ssentences.
4) Listen to it again while you read over the lyrics in order to fill in the gaps in your mind giving sense to the parts you could not make out before.

HOW LONG WILL I LOVE YOU, by Ellie Goulding

How long will I love you
As long as stars are above you
And longer if I can
How long will I need you
As long as the seasons need to
Follow their plan

How long will I be with you
As long as the sea is bound to
Wash up on the sand

How long will I want you
As long as you want me to
And longer by far
How long will I hold you
As long as your father told you
As long as you can

How long will I give to you
As long as I live through you
However long you say

How long will I love you
As long as stars are above you
And longer if I may

How long will I love you
As long as stars are above you


No comments:

Post a Comment